News

Actions

Carbon monoxide leak at Chowan County catering business, 15 people treated for exposure

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 6:08 PM, Aug 24, 2016
and last updated 2016-08-24 18:59:11-04

CHOWAN Co., N.C. – Nine people have been sent to the hospital after a  carbon monoxide leak at a Chowan County catering business.

According to a Chowan Hospital official, 15 people were treated for carbon monoxide exposure at Vidant Chowan Hospital in Edenton.

Nine of them were transferred to the Duke University Hospital for further specialized treatment.

The remaining six people have non-life threatening injuries/symptoms.

The incident occurred at 749 Virginia Road, Leon Nixon Catering Banquet Facilities.

Leon Nixon Catering is a family-owned and operated catering business.

Stay with News 3 as more develops.