Coleman Bridge 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM
Gilmerton Bridge 9:00 AM, Noon, 3:00 PM and 7:00 PM – M-F Daily – 9:00 AM & 3:00 PM Saturday and Sunday
ELIZABETH RIVER TUNNELS WEEKLY CONSTRUCTION SCHEDULE: Midtown and Downtown Tunnels
Below is a list of tunnel/lane closures for the Elizabeth River Tunnels (ERT) Project. Due to the nature of construction, closure dates are subject to change. Visit our Travel Impacts page for current information.
High Street: Full closure Thursday, Sept. 1, High Street will be closed from 7 p.m. each night until 5 a.m.
London Boulevard East/ U.S. 58: Full on-ramp closure Monday through Thursday, Aug. 29 through Sept. 1 from 7 p.m. each night until 5 a.m. the following morning.
I-264 East/ Frederick Boulevard: Full off-ramp closure Monday through Thursday, Aug. 29 through Sept. 1 from 8 p.m. each night until 5 a.m. the following morning.
HAMPTON ROADS WEEKLY LANE CLOSURES REPORT August 26, 2016 through September 2, 2016
*There will be no lane closures along Hampton Roads Interstates from noon Friday, September 2, 2016 until noon Tuesday, September 6, 2016 for Labor Day Holiday Weekend*
- US-17 James River Bridge: Night-time single-lane closures southbound. One lane will remain open at all times:
- August 29-September 1 from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- September 2 from 9 a.m. until 12 p.m.
- I-64 High Rise Bridge: Single-lane closures as follows eastbound and westbound. One lane will remain open at all times:
- Eastbound/Westbound August 31-September 1 from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
- I-64 Widening Project, Newport News: Single-lane closures eastbound and westbound August 30-September 1 as early as 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning. All work will take place between Jefferson Avenue and Lee Hall, and one lane will remain open to traffic at all times. Please check http://www.i64widening.org/news_information/traffic_alert.asp for the latest closure/detour information.
- Terminal Boulevard Resurfacing, Norfolk: Full weeknight/weekend closures westbound as follows. Alternating lane closures eastbound as follows:
- Eastbound August 29-September 1 alternating lane closures from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Eastbound September 2 alternating lane closures from 9 a.m. until 12 p.m.
- Military Highway Continuous Flow Intersection, Norfolk: Alternating single-lane closures northbound and southbound as follows. One lane will remain open at all times:
- August 28-September 2: Alternating single-lane closures northbound and southbound from 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning on Military Highway between Lowery Road and Elizabeth Avenue.
- August 28-September 2: Alternating single-lane closures eastbound and westbound from 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning on Princess Anne Road between Kilmer Lane and the intersection of Military Highway.
- US-13 (Lankford Highway), Northampton County: Daytime single-lane closures northbound and southbound between Onley. One lane will remain open at all times:
- August 29-September 1 from as early as 7 a.m. until as late as 7 p.m.
- September 2 from as early as 7 a.m. until 12 p.m
- Elizabeth River Tunnels/Martin Luther King, Jr. Freeway: Please check Elizabeth River Tunnels website for the latest closure and detour information regarding the Downtown Tunnel, Midtown Tunnel and the MLK Freeway.
- I-564 Intermodal Connector, Norfolk: Please check http://www.i564intermodal.com/ for the latest closure/detour information.
- George Washington Memorial Highway (Route 17), York County: Crews are widening the road between Route 630 (Wolf Trap Road) and Route 706 (Hampton Highway). Daytime single-lane closures, from 9 a.m.to 3 p.m. and weeknight single-lane closures, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. Expect traffic shifts and delays. For more about this project, please visit the Route 17 Widening website.
VIRGINIA BEACH: Temporary Road Closure for the NAS Oceana Air Show:
London Bridge Road between Central Drive and International Parkway
London Bridge Road will be temporarily closed to through traffic between Central Drive and International Parkway for the NAS Oceana Air Show from 12 noon to 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, September 8, 2016, and 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily on Friday, September 9, Saturday, September 10, and Sunday, September 11.
Absolutely no traffic will be allowed on the road during this time. Advanced warning signs will be posted advising motorists of the alternate routes.
VIRGINIA BEACH: Road Work on Indian River Road Started Monday the 15th
Virginia Beach Public Works has announced a roadway improvements project on Indian River Road will begin Monday, August 15, 2016. The project will begin at Speed Fentress Bridge and Indian River Road to North Landing Road, and will include milling, paving and pavement marking work.
Crews will be working in the evenings from 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. If any daytime work is needed, it will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. If any weekend work is needed, the work hours will be from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m.
The project is scheduled to be completed by September 1, 2016.
NORFOLK: Military Highway Continuous Flow Intersection work northbound and southbound. Two lanes will remain open at all times:
CHESAPEAKE ROAD WORK: Battlefield Blvd/Medical Pkwy intersection closures Monday, July 11 through September
Public Utilities will close various lanes at the Battlefield Blvd and Medical Pkwy intersection over the next 10 weeks for the replacement of water and sewer lines in the area. Next week the right-turn lane on Medical Pkwy will be closed.