TUCSON, Ariz. – A man biking cross-country for adoption awareness has made it all the way to Arizona!
Anderson left Virginia Beach on July 25 with a goal of riding about 70 miles each day.
Ed posted these stats on Facebook about the first nine weeks of his journey:
- 3,310 Miles 87% Completed
- 5 Spills & 1 major crash – 8 flat tires
- 15 Dogs to outrun
- 4 Wild dogs – not sure who was more scared the dogs or me!
- 4 Prairie Rattlesnakes
- 7 Roads to Nowhere
- Funds Pledged to Date $281,000
- Time on bicycle 259 hours 26 minute
- Elevation Gain 95,446 feet
- Heart Rate Average 107 Beats Per Minute
- Max Heart Rate 209 BPM
- Average Speed 12.80 MPH
- Average Moving Speed 15.90 MPH
- Food Poisoning Battle – took 6 days to overcome still pushed on-rode three days on saltines, jello and apple sauce
- Due to Crash:
- One Ultra Sound check for blood clots – none!
- One Vein Doppler check for vein damage – none!
- Urine Test – blood in urine checked for muscle damage and liver damage – cleared!
- Crash effects still there – hip swollen
- One Earthquake in Manhattan, Kansas – 5.4 – on third floor getting ready to get on elevator – floor and elevators shaking