Four displaced from Norfolk home after accidental cooking fire

Posted at 4:25 PM, Dec 15, 2016
and last updated 2016-12-15 18:19:28-05

NORFOLK, Va. – Occupants of a two-story home have been displaced Thursday after a fire.

Fire officials say the fire was caused by an accidental cooking incident.

One dog was rescued from the home by fire crews and four occupants of the home got out before they arrived.

The fire was reported under control at 2:20 p.m., which was 12 minutes after arrival of fire officials.

The home in the 5500 block of Brookville Road sustained smoke damage.