NORFOLK, Va. – After pleading guilty to multiple charges in July, Dijon Whitter was sentenced for shooting and killing an 18-year-old in January 2016, on Monday.
Whitter killed Yorktown teenager Joshua Steven Morrison in a shooting that involved multiple victims. Officials say this is why Whitter will serve concurrently 45 years for Second Degree Murder, two counts of Malicious Wounding, Use of a Firearm in Commission of a Felony and Assault.
Deputies were called to the intersection of Gill Lane and Ditchley Drive in Gloucester County on reports of gunshots in the area.
Police said that four people were shot at a party down the street from the intersection, and drove to Nuttall’s Country Store in a car to meet police after being shot.
When police met the victims at the store, Morrison was found inside the car dead from his wounds.
Two 20-year-old men, and a 15-yer-old girl were also shot that evening but survived the shooting.
Dijon Whitter was sentenced for these crimes, which he will run concurrently:
- 40 YEARS FOR 2ND DEGREE MURDER
- 20 YEARS FOR COUNT 1 MALICIOUS WOUNDING
- 3 YEARS FOR USE OF FIREARM IN FELONY (1ST OFFENSE)
- 5 YEARS FOR COUNT 1 USE OF FIREARM IN FELONY (2ND OFFENSE)
- 45 YEARS FOR ASSAULT: MALICIOUS WOUNDING, VICTIM INJURED
- 20 YEARS FOR COUNT 2 MALICIOUS WOUNDING
- 5 YEARS FOR COUNT 2 USE OF FIREARM IN FELONY (2ND OFFENSE)
- 5 YEARS FOR COUNT 3 USE OF FIREARM IN FELONY (2ND OFFENSE)