HAMPTON ROADS, Va. – As cities around Hampton Roads work to recover from the severe winter storm, many normal operations have been suspended – including trash collection.
Here is a list of rescheduled trash pickup times for each city:
Trash collection will resume on Tuesday, January 9, with the normal Tuesday route.
This will be a “B” week for recycling collection, as normally scheduled. Click here to find your pick-up day.
- Resume normal curbside trash and recycling collections on Tuesday, Jan. 9. Residents whose trash service was affected by the storm will have their carts collected on their normal collection day.
- Recycling collections will follow the normal schedule. For instance, if your normal collection day for trash and recycling was Thursday, Jan. 4, trash collections will resume on Thursday, Jan. 11, and recycling collections will resume on Thursday, Jan. 18.
- Any extra bags will be collected manually, and we are asking residents to help us ensure our crews safety by doing the following:
- Do not block automated containers: Leave 3 feet of space around bags.
- Heavy duty trash bags are highly recommended.
- Do not overload bags. No sharp objects such as needles, glass or sharp metal in bags.
- Do not set out bags earlier than necessary.
- There will be no yard debris collection for the week of Jan. 8.
- The Landfill and Resource Recovery Center will resume normal operations on Tuesday, Jan. 9.
Garbage, recycling and bulk collections will not resume until Monday, January 8.
Crews will begin with last Wednesday’s routes on Monday and last Thursday’s routes on Tuesday. Regular collections for the week of January 8 will be delayed by two days.
The schedule is as follows:
- Trash scheduled to be picked up on Wednesday, January 3 will be collected on Monday, January 8
- Trash scheduled to be picked up on Thursday, January 4 will be collected on Tuesday, January 9
- Trash scheduled to be picked up on Monday, January 8 will be collected on Wednesday, January 10
- Trash scheduled to be picked up on Tuesday, January 9 will be collected on Thursday, January 11
- Trash scheduled to be picked up on Wednesday, January 10 will be collected on Friday, January 12
- Trash scheduled to be picked up on Thursday, January 11 will be collected on Saturday, January 13
The roadside loose leaf collection program has been suspended for this week. There is no information on when it will resume.
Trash collections that were originally scheduled for Thursday, January 4 will take place on Monday, January 8. Collections originally scheduled for Friday, January 5 will take place on Friday, January 12.
TFC will pick up Thursday recycling on Monday, January 8. Friday recycling will be picked up on Saturday, January 13.
If trucks are unable to safely travel down a residential street, crews are making note of any missed cans and will be back to collect them. They ask residents to leave cans in place.
Bulk waste (including Christmas trees) will be picked up during the week of January 15.
Trash pickup will resume on Tuesday, January 9.
Trash collection will resume on Tuesday, January 9.
Monday’s trash will be picked up Tuesday; Tuesday’s trash on Wednesday; and Thursday and Friday as normal.
Recycling crews will pick up both this week’s and last week’s Thursday and Friday routes. They will use Saturday if necessary.
Trash originally scheduled to be picked up on Monday, January 8 trash will now be collected on Wednesday, January 10.
Normal trash collection will occur on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
This list will continue to be updated as other cities make make their rescheduled trash pickup calendar available.