Propane heater being used to thaw pipes likely to blame in Portsmouth fire

Posted at 2:26 PM, Jan 07, 2018
and last updated 2018-01-07 20:23:27-05

PORTSMOUTH, Va. – Firefighters responded to a house fire in the Portsmouth on Sunday that likely started thanks to a propane heater.

Firefighters arrived to the home in the 700 block of Lanier Crescent around 11:30 a.m. and found one victim outside.

The man was taken to the hospital for his injuries, which were non-life threatening.

Fire officials believe that the fire could have started when the man was trying to warm up the frozen pipes underneath his house with a propane heater.

Stay with News 3 for updates.