Kitchen fire causes water damage to Hampton apartment building

Posted at 11:16 PM, Mar 29, 2018
and last updated 2018-03-29 23:16:00-04

HAMPTON, Va. – Firefighters with Hampton Fire & Rescue responded to an apartment fire in the 200 block of Marcella Road Thursday evening.

Dispatchers received the call shortly before 6 p.m.

Crews discovered that the fire originated in the kitchen of an apartment on the third floor. The fire was ruled accidental.

Nine units in the building are suffering from water damage as a result of the fire. No injuries were reported.

Download the News 3 app for updates.