Berkley Bridge 9:00 AM
Coleman Bridge 1:00 PM
I-664 MMMBT NORTH DETOURS: MARCH 9-10
SUFFOLK – The northbound lanes of the I-664 Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel will be closed for maintenance during the following times:
- 12 a.m. to 5 a.m. early Saturday morning, March 9
- 12 a.m. to 5 a.m. early Sunday morning, March 10
I-664 north traffic will be detoured to Route 17 and the James River Bridge during the closures. The College Drive on-ramp to I-664 north will also be closed during these times.
The closure will allow crews to replace ceiling tiles in the northbound tube of the MMMBT. VDOT has scheduled the closures to occur during the lightest traffic times at the bridge-tunnel.
HAMPTON ROADS CLOSURES ON WATER CROSSINGS, INTERSTATES AND OTHER NOTABLE DETOURS March 3-9
NOTE: This list covers full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and single-lane closures at the bridge-tunnels and the Berkley, High Rise and James River bridges.
Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel, I-664:
- Single-lane closure south, with stoppages up to 20 minutes possible:
- March 3-7, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- March 8, 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- March 9, 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closures north:
- March 3-7, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- March 8, 10 p.m. to midnight
- March 9, from 11 p.m. to midnight
- Full closure northbound, with a detour to the James River Bridge:
- 12:01 a.m. to 5 a.m. Saturday, March 9
- 12:01 a.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday, March 10
Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel, I-64:
- Single-lane closures west, March 5-7 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Berkley Bridge, I-264:
- Alternating single-lane closures north and south, March 4-7, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
James River Bridge, Route 17:
- Alternating single-lane closures north and south, March 4-6, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
I-64 Widening Project, Newport News/York County/James City County
View project page for complete lane closure and detour information.
- Full ramp closures on I-64 with signed detours in place, March 3-7, as follows:(**All ramps will not be closed at the same time to maintain access to the detour routes.)
- I-64 east and west to Route 60/Busch Gardens (exit 243A), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Route 143 (exit 243B), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Route 60 on-ramp to I-64 east and west, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Route 199 west (exit 242A), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Route 199 east (exit 242B), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Route 199 east and west on-ramps to I-64 east and west, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Yorktown Road/Jefferson Avenue (exit 247), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Jefferson Avenue (Route 143) on-ramps to I-64 east and west, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Yorktown Road (Route 238) on-ramp to I-64 east, as early as 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Traffic shifts are scheduled to continue overnight starting March 4, on I-64 west,starting from west of Jefferson Avenue bridge (exit 247) working towards the eastern project limits (0.54 miles east of exit 247) over the next week, weather permitting. Traffic will be shifted to the right and center travel lanes.
- Alternating single-lane closures on I-64 east and west from Colonial Parkway to Lee Hall (exit 247) March 3-9, starting as early as 8 p.m. until 5 a.m eastbound, and as early as 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. westbound.
- Single-lane closures on I-64 east and west from Route 199 Lightfoot (exit 234) to Route 199/Humelsine Parkway (exit 242), March 3-7, starting as early as 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure on Route 143 Merrimac Trail north to I-64 west continues. Traffic will follow detour signage in place directing motorists to the Route 143 south on-ramp to I-64 west during the closure.
I-64 Southside – High Rise Bridge:
- I-64 single-lane closures both directions between South Military Highway and Battlefield Boulevard, March 3-7, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m., and March 8, from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
64 Express Lanes:
- The 64 Express Lanes will be closed to traffic March 4-5, from 8 p.m. to 3 a.m., and again March 6, from 8 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.
- Double and triple lane closures March 4-7, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. on I-264:
- East, from Witchduck Road to Rosemont Road
- West, from Rosemont Road to Independence Boulevard
- Full ramp closures at the Witchduck Road and Independence Boulevard south on-ramps to I-264 east on March 4-7, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Elizabeth River Tunnels (Downtown/Midtown tunnels): Go to Elizabeth River Tunnels
for maintenance schedules on the Downtown Tunnel (I-264), Midtown Tunnel (U.S. 58).
DriveERT WEEKLY MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE
US 58 West Midtown Tunnel: Alternating lane closures in the Midtown Tunnel westbound on Monday, March 4 and Tuesday, March 5 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning.
The City of Portsmouth’s Department of Engineering announces that Dinwiddie Street will be closed between High and Queen Streets from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Monday, March 4th, during work at Monumental United Methodist Church.
Lane Closures Scheduled During Survey Work
The City of Portsmouth’s Department of Engineering announces that the following lanes will be closed, one at a time on Tuesday, March 5th, and Wednesday, March 6th, between 9 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. —
-The right lane of Portsmouth Boulevard eastbound will be closed at Effingham Street
-The right turn lane of Effingham Street northbound will be closed at Portsmouth Boulevard
-The left lane and left turn lane of Effingham Street southbound will be closed at Lincoln Street
These lanes will be closed one at a time during storm drainage survey work of the Department of Engineering.
For more information, please call 393-8592.