PASQUOTANK Co., N.C. - A Pasquotank student now faces several charges following a fight at H.L. Trigg Community School.
On Wednesday, March 14, a 16-year-old student was arrested for simple assault and resist, delay or obstruct following the fight.
During the investigation, school personnel and the full-time School Resource Officer discovered a handgun, a magazine with bullets, a plastic pill bottle containing marijuana and a digital scale in his coat at the school.
The student now faces the following charges:
- One count of Misdemeanor Simple Assault
- One count of Misdemeanor Resist, Delay or Obstruct
- One count of Felony Possession of a Firearm on an Educational Property
- One count of Felony Possession of a Firearm with an altered or removed serial number
- One count of Felony Possession of a Stolen Firearm
- One count of Felony Possession with the Intent to Sell or Deliver Marijuana
The teen is being held at the Albermarle District Jail under a $4,000 bond.