Day of the Deployed was created to honor our heroic military personnel who are deployed and is celebrated on October 26.
Our troops and their families sacrifice a lot for our country and Military Benefits has a helpful list of ways to support them.
Here are ways the organization listed to bring awareness to deployed troops:
- Send care packages.
- Make a donation to a military support organization.
- Look to local chapters of veteran-supporting groups such as the Veterans Of Foreign Wars, USO, Disabled American Veterans, ways to aid and assist.
- Connect with Soldiers’ Angels which has many programs for supporting deployed troops.
- Donate money to send a care package. The DoD has a great list of organizations that deliver care packages.
- Display a yellow ribbon. Yellow ribbons are a remembrance of the men and women who serve far from home.
- Social media, use the hashtag #DayOfTheDeployed on October 26 in order to raise awareness and encourage others so support deployed service members and their families.
- Connect personally by reaching out to a deployed troop you know.
We want to see your loved ones who are deployed so we can highlight them! Please send you photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the button below to share.