News

Actions

Baby rescued from second floor of burning home in Chesapeake; four others injured

Posted at 5:36 AM, Feb 20, 2020

CHESAPEAKE, Va. - Firefighters responded to a house fire Thursday morning where a baby was rescued.

The Chesapeake Fire Department stated that they were working a fire in the 1700 block of Atlantic Avenue.

When crews arrived on scene they were informed by the family living there that their 18-month-old baby was trapped on the second floor.

The child was seen at a second floor window at the front of the house and firefighters used a ladder to perform the rescue.

Several other family members jumped from a second floor window to escape the flames and smoke before crews arrived.

Four family members were transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

There are no further details to release at this time.

Stay with News 3 for updates.