PORTSMOUTH, Va. - Portsmouth Police and fire crews responded to a house fire that many displaced Sunday morning.
Officials say six adults and five children were displaced by the fire at 13 and 15 Phelps Place.
According to officials, the call came in around 11:22 a.m.
Fire crews say the fire started in the kitchen and involved the stove.
The fire was under control quickly and it did not spread.
Officials say, due to smoke damage in the kitchen residents were displaced.
Red Cross of Virginia is currently assisting those who were displaced.
UPDATE: We are supporting six adults and five children displaced by this fire. https://t.co/Sk2ohENAAM
— Red Cross Virginia (@VARedCross) February 23, 2020
Stay with News 3 for updates.