CHESAPEAKE, Va. - One adult and one child was able to escape a house fire safely after a passerby alerted them that their home was on fire Wednesday afternoon.
Chesapeake Firefighters received a call at 10:31 a.m., for a fire in the 1600 block of Cullen Avenue.
Crews arrived minutes later to find a two-story home with fire in the attached garage. The home was quickly searched to make sure everyone was out.
Officials say two dogs were rescued and remain uninjured.
The owners of the home were away at the time of the fire and officials say the cause was determined to be accidental.
Four adults and one child are now displaced as a result of the fire.
No injuries were reported and the Red Cross will be assisting the residents with lodging arrangements.