BERTIE COUNTY, N.C. - Bertie County Sheriff's Office is searching for a man wanted in connection to a burglary in June 2019.
Sheriff John Holley said that on June 19, 2019 deputies responded to a residence on Early Station Road after receiving a 911 call from a resident.
When deputies arrived they found a man and woman who were the apparent victims of a burglary and robbery. Both residents had been assaulted and one resident was still tied up when the deputies arrived, officials say.
The Bertie County Investigations Division continued to investigate the burglary since the incident by working other similar cases with Hertford County Sheriff’s Office, Ahoskie Police Department, and Chowan County Sheriff’s Office received substantial assistance from the Northeastern District Office of the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation throughout the investigation.
Three suspects have been identified and charged:
- Brian Kenton Valentine (Ahoskie, NC)
- Horace James White Jr. (Hertford County, NC)
- Tracy Lamont Mitchell (Hertford County, NC)
All 3 suspects were charged with the following:
- 1st Degree Burglary - 1 count
- Robbery with a Dangerous Weapon - 1 count
- 1st Degree Kidnapping - 2 counts
- Larceny of a Firearm - 6 counts
- Felony Larceny - 1 count
- Possession of Firearm by Felon (Except Mitchell) - 1count
Police say Valentine and Mitchell are currently in custody for attempted murder in Gates County. Horace White Jr. has not been arrested and police say he should be considered armed and dangerous.