News

Actions

Chesapeake crews respond to accidental fire

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 9:12 PM, Dec 10, 2020
and last updated 2020-12-10 21:12:48-05

CHESAPEAKE, Va. - Crews were notified of a house fire in the 200 block of Kalmar Drive at 6:21 p.m.

According to a news release, Chesapeake Engine 24 arrived six minutes later, finding visible smoke and flames in the garage area of the residence.

The resident evacuated their home before crews arrived.

Firefighters searched the structure and determined the fire was isolated to the garage. The fire was marked under control at 6:36 p.m.

One person was treated and released for mild smoke inhalation, and the resident was able to return to the home.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental.