News

Actions

Chesapeake fire displaces family of three

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 2:12 PM, Feb 04, 2020
and last updated 2020-02-04 14:12:01-05

CHESAPEAKE, Va. - A family of three are forced to vacate their home after a fire Tuesday afternoon.

Chesapeake firefighters responded to a house fire around 12:37 p.m., located in the 4300 block of Portsmouth Boulevard.

Two adults and one child was evacuated safely before the fire department arrived.

The fire was put under control at 12:48 p.m., officials say.

According to officials, one person was evaluated at the scene for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters say the cause of the fire was accidental.

The Red Cross is assisting with the family's lodging arrangements.