VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - The Virginia Beach Department of Public Health (VBDPH) is set to hold two COVID-19 community-based testing events.
The free event will take place at the following:
- August 20 at 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Union Baptist Church at 4608 South Blvd.
- August 22 at 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Lake Edward Park at Hampshire Way and Newtown Road (future home of the Virginia African American Cultural Center)
At both events, VBDPH staff and Virginia Beach Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) volunteers will administer the PCR testing for adults and children ages 13 years and older.
Participants must wear a face covering. Walk-up registration and testing will be provided, while supplies last.
VBDPH will provide testing only during the events and not medical care or treatment.
To lower the risk of respiratory germ spread, including COVID-19, the Virginia Department of Health continues to encourage the following effective behaviors:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others
- Elderly and those at-risk should stay at home as much as possible; if not possible, avoid large gatherings
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet or more
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer only if soap and water are not available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Stay home when you are sick
- Avoid contact with sick people
- Limit travel as much as possible