Dryer fire forces three people out of Chesapeake home

Posted at 6:56 PM, Oct 22, 2020
and last updated 2020-10-22 18:56:11-04

CHESAPEAKE, Va. - Three adults have been forced out of their home after a fire Thursday afternoon.

Chesapeake firefighters received a call about a fire in the 600 block of Quail Avenue in the South Norfolk area of the city at 4:25 p.m. Arriving six minutes later, Chesapeake Engine 1 found smoke and flames in the back of the home.

All residents were able to safely evacuate before crews arrived.

Firefighters were able to quickly bring the fire under control with the help of an automatic-aid response from Norfolk Fire & Rescue.

Officials say the fire started in the dryer and resulted in significant damage to the inside of the home.

No firefighters or civilians were hurt.

The family is making their own lodging arrangements.

Download the News 3 app for updates.