News

Actions

Family of 5 displaced after Christmas Day house fire in Virginia Beach

VB Sandra Lane Christmas Day fire #1.jpg
VB Sandra Lane Christmas Day fire #2.jpg
Posted at 8:56 AM, Dec 25, 2020

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - A family of five is without a home after a house fire in the 3500 block of Sandra Lane early Friday morning.

According to the Virginia Beach Fire Department, the call came in at 1:38 a.m. for the fire. When crews arrived on scene, they found fire coming from the corner of the house and quickly worked to place it under control.

Fire officials said the residents were alerted to the fire by a working smoke detector, and no injuries were reported.

The fire's cause has been deemed accidental by officials and it was an electrical short.