News

Actions

Firefighter receives minor injuries in Virginia Beach fire; 1 person, dog displaced

Brandon Fire 1.jpg
Brand Fire 2.jpeg
Posted at 6:46 AM, Jan 24, 2021

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - The Virginia Beach Fire Department responded to a house fire on Brandon Boulevard late Saturday night.

At approximately 10:41 p.m., the Virginia Beach Fire Department, along with automatic mutual aid from the City of Chesapeake Fire Department, responded to the 5700 block of Brandon Boulevard for the fire. Fire crews quickly arrived on the scene and found heavy fire coming from the back of the home.

The resident exited the home safely, and no civilian injuries were reported. However, one firefighter received minor injuries, but did not require treatment.

One resident and a dog have been displaced.

The fire was marked out at 11:47 p.m. and was determined to have been caused by improperly disposed-of fireplace ashes.

The Virginia Beach Fire Department reminds everyone to have working smoke detectors inside their house and check them once a month.