NORFOLK, Va. – The Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore has extended their summer food service program to provide free healthy, nutritious meals to children until the end of 2020.
Over the summer, the Foodbank participated in the food program, serving children ages 5-18 on a first come, first serve basis. Now the Foodbank says they will extend the program until the end of the year.
Feeding sites are currently open at the following locations until December 31:
- Teens with a Purpose, 700 E. Olney Rd.
- 7:30 –8:30 a.m. Breakfast: Monday-Thursday (Friday meal sent home Thursday)
- 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Lunch: Monday-Thursday (Friday meal sent home Thursday)
- Southside Boys & Girls Club, Berkley Unit, 701 Berkley Avenue Extension
- 7:30 –9 a.m. Breakfast: Monday-Friday
- 11 a.m. –1 p.m. Lunch: Monday-Friday
- The Salvation Army Ray & Joan Kroc Corps Community Center of Hampton Roads, 1401 Ballentine Blvd.
- 7:30 –9:30 a.m. Breakfast: Monday-Friday
- 11 a.m. –12:45 p.m. Lunch: Monday-Friday
- Bethel Worship Center Church International, 3697 Pepperwood Court
- 5–6 p.m. Breakfast and Dinner: Tuesdays (two breakfasts and two dinners) and Thursdays (five breakfasts and five dinners)
- Rosemont Boys & Girls Club, 1505 Competitor Ct.
- 8– 8:30 a.m. Breakfast: Monday-Friday
- 12–12:30 p.m. Lunch: Monday-Friday
- Friendship Village, 1252 Carver Avenue
- 10-11: 30 a.m. Lunch: Tuesday and Thursday
For updates to feeding site locations and times, click here.
To find additional locations:
- Text ‘Food’ and your zip code to 877-877
- Dial “211”