SUFFOLK, Va. - Four people have been forced out of their home after a fire at an apartment complex in the 2500 block of E. Washington Street Wednesday afternoon.
Dispatchers received a call of the fire at the Wilson Pines Apartments at 4:18 p.m., and the first units with Suffolk Fire & Rescue arrived on scene at 4:24 p.m.
Battalion Chief Demetri Wilson said crews arrived to light smoke coming from the second floor unit.
The fire was contained to the kitchen and was marked under control at 4:28 p.m. There was no extension to any neighboring apartments.
The American Red Cross is helping the four people who have been displaced.
No one was hurt during this incident.
Battalion 1, Engines 1, 2, 3 and 4, Ladders 3 and 6, EMS-1, Medic 3, Rescue 1 and Safety 1 all responded to the scene.