SOUTHAMPTON Co., Va. - If you're a Southampton County resident who still needs to get tested for COVID-19, mark your calendar!
In partnership with the Western Tidewater Medical Reserve Corps and Southampton County, the Western Tidewater Health District will be offering pop-up community-based testing for COVID-19 at several sites across the county from Monday, July 6 –Wednesday, July 8.
Testing availability will be on a first come, first served basis. Anyone who wants to be tested is asked to bring a photo ID.
Testing will be at the following sites:
- Monday, July 6 from 1-3 p.m. - Southampton County Health Department 26220 Administration Center Drive, Courtland, Va.
- Tuesday, July 7 from 9-11 a.m. - Ivor Volunteer Fire Department, 8295 Main Street, Ivor, Va.
- Tuesday, July 7 from 1-3 p.m. - Southampton Meadows Trailer Park Office, 33536 Phillips Street, Franklin, Va.
- Wednesday, July 8 from 9 -11 a.m. - Drewryville Volunteer Fire Department, 22368 Drewry Road, Drewryville, Va.
- Wednesday, July 8 from 1-3 p.m. - Boykins Volunteer Fire Department, 18127 N. Railroad Avenue, Boykins, Va.
"The Western Tidewater Health District and the Virginia Department of Health are very excited to work alongside the local governments and community stakeholders to provide this testing opportunity to the citizens of Southampton County. This testing event further supports Governor Northam and his Testing Task Force's goal and direction to match COVID-19 testing capacity with testing availability at the most local level." said Dr. Todd Wagner, district health director