NEWPORT NEWS, Va. - A Newport News restaurant will be temporarily closed for repairs following an overnight fire, according to the Newport News Fire Department.
Fire officials said a fire was reported at Crown Fried Chicken, located at 11111 Jefferson Avenue, around 1 a.m. Friday morning.
The fire was reported under control in less than 20 minutes. Fire officials say the fire was a grease fire from a cooking operation, and was mainly confined to the hood system.
No injuries were reported.
This is a developing story.