News

Actions

One family member injured after Chesapeake house fire

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 7:29 PM, Sep 05, 2020
and last updated 2020-09-05 19:29:14-04

CHESAPEAKE, Va. - Chesapeake Firefighters responded to a house fire Saturday afternoon that left one person injured.

Crews responded to the 4300 block of Center Mast Crest at 3:26 p.m. for a house fire in the Bowers Hill section of the city.

Smoke and flames were seen coming from the kitchen area of the home, according to officials.

Firefighters say they had the fire under-control at 3:34 p.m. and out at 3:58 p.m.

One family member was taken to a local hospital for injuries. Three dogs were in the home at the time of the fire, but officials say they were not injured.

Officials say the cause of the fire was determined accidental.