WILLIAMSBURG, Va. - Williamsburg Firefighters responded to a fire that left one person injured Saturday evening.
According to officials, at 7:03 p.m., crews responded to the 100 block of Berkeley Lane and found smoke coming from an apartment over a detached garage.
The fire was marked under control at 7:26 pm.
One resident of the apartment was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Officials remind residents to check your smoke alarms and replace them if they are more than ten years old; practice exit drills in your place of residence, and practice safe cooking techniques.
Also, during this time of year, ensure that you are not overloading household receptacles or other electrical devices such as power strip cords and water your live Christmas trees to prevent them from becoming too dry.