CHESAPEAKE, Va. - The Chesapeake Fire Department is on the scene of a house fire in the Portlock section of the city that displaced a family of three Friday morning.
According to the fire department, firefighters responded to Freeman Avenue at 9:12 a.m. for the fire. When they arrived, the family was outside the home and heavy black smoke was coming from the home's roof.
The fire was marked under control at 9:36 a.m. No injuries were reported.
The Red Cross is assisting the family.
The fire's cause was determined to be accidental, firefighters said.