DARE Co., N.C. - A second case of coronavirus has been confirmed in Dare County.
Officials said the first and second cases are not connected.
“The individual has been self-isolating since being tested last week and continues to be monitored,” according to Dr. Sheila Davies, Director of the Dare County Department of Health and Human Services.
It is believed the individual acquired the virus through direct contact when out of the area. This is not a case of community spread. The individual’s spouse has also been tested but we have not yet received the test result.
The first positive test was reported on Wednesday morning, March 25
Officials said similar to the first reported case, this case will not show up as a Dare County case with the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services. Although the test was performed in Dare County, the individual did not provide a Dare County address when being tested.
Dare County Department of Health & Human Services said they will not release further details about the individual to protect their privacy.
Earlier in the month Dare County restricted visitor access amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The Dare County COVID-19 Call Center is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to help address your questions on COVID-19 and can be reached at 252-475-5008.