Kitchen fire displaces one person in Suffolk

Posted at 6:05 AM, Jan 27, 2021
and last updated 2021-01-27 10:57:31-05

SUFFOLK, Va. - Fire crews responded to a house fire around 12:30 a.m., Wednesday morning.

The fire happened in the 6000 block of Green Ash Court and smoke was showing from the roof of the single story duplex residence.

Fire officials said the fire was confined to the kitchen and was ruled accidental. There was no working smoke detector in the residence.

One adult female was displaced and was assisted by family.

The occupants of the adjoining duplex were alerted by a working smoke detector and had no fire damage, officials said.

There were no injuries reported.