Virginia Beach, Va. - The city of Virginia Beach has released its Fourth of July operating schedule.
The following Virginia Beach facilities will be closed Friday, July 3 in observance of Independence Day:
- All Virginia Beach government administrative offices
- All Virginia Beach city public schools and administrative offices
- Francis Land House, Lynnhaven House, Thoroughgood House and Princess Anne County Training School/Union Kempsville High School Museum
- Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney
- Landfill and Resource Recovery Center will be closed Saturday, July 4
- The Sandler Center for the Performing Arts
- The Virginia Beach Circuit Court, General District Court, Juvenile & Domestic Relations Courts and Clerk’s Offices
- Tidewater Community College – City of Virginia Beach Joint Use Library
- Virginia Beach community recreation centers (Bayside, Bow Creek, Kempsville, Seatack, Williams Farm)
- Virginia Beach Department of Public Health Department
- Virginia Beach Public Libraries
- All community recreation centers closed July 4.
- Visitor Information Center Kiosks (17th & 24th streets) – Closed until further notice
The following facilities will be open to the public, Friday, July 3 during the following hours:
- All Virginia Beach city parks* and park facilities – 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.*Mount Trashmore Park will be open 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. There will be no fireworks at Mount Trashmore.
- Landfill and Resource Recovery Center will be open 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center – 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Virginia Beach Animal Care and Adoption Center – Noon to 7 p.m.
- Virginia Beach community recreation centers (Great Neck and Princess Anne only, open July 3, 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.)
- Virginia Beach Farmers Market Merchants – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Visitor Information Center – Chesapeake Bay Center at First Landing – TBA
- Visitor Information Center – Parks Avenue – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.