Portsmouth high school student passes out after eating marijuana-laced cookies

Posted at 4:00 PM, Mar 06, 2020
and last updated 2020-03-07 17:50:35-05

PORTSMOUTH, Va. — A student at Churchland High School passed out after reportedly eating cookies laced with marijuana Friday, a Portsmouth Public Schools spokesperson told News 3.

Earlier in the day, the student was reported to the office for being under the influence. She briefly lost consciousness in the school's clinic.

School officials called paramedics and the student's parents, and she was sent to the hospital.

As part of the school's investigation into the incident, a male student at Churchland High was searched and was found to be carrying the marijuana-laced cookies.

The spokesperson said appropriate disciplinary action was taken for both students.

Stay with News 3 for updates.