GREENSBORO, NC (theACC.com) - The 22nd annual ACC/Big Ten Challenge opens Tuesday with seven matchups, all featured on the ESPN family of networks.The ACC holds a 12-6-3 all-time edge in the series between two of the nation's top basketball conferences.
Both leagues currently have six teams ranked in the latest Associated Press Top 25 - most of any conferences. There are four games scheduled in the Challenge with both teams in the Top 25, including a top-10 showdown Tuesday with No. 6 Illinois at No. 10 Duke.
The NC State-Michigan and Louisville-Wisconsin games have been postponed because of COVID-19 concerns. The schools are working to explore alternative dates.
2020 ACC/BIG TEN CHALLENGE SCHEDULE
Tuesday, December 8
Purdue at Miami | ESPN2 | 5 PM
Boston College at Minnesota | ESPNU | 7 PM
#16/14 North Carolina at #3 Iowa | ESPN | 7:30 PM
#22/20 Ohio State at Notre Dame | ESPN2 | 7:30 PM
Penn State at #15 Virginia Tech | ESPNU | 9 PM
#6/9 Illinois at #10/11 Duke | ESPN | 9:30 PM
Syracuse at #21/22 Rutgers | ESPN2 | 9:30 PM
Wednesday, December 9
Maryland at Clemson | ESPN2 | 5 PM
Indiana at #20/21 Florida State | ESPN | 7:15 PM
Georgia Tech at Nebraska | ESPN2 | 7:15 PM
#4 Michigan State at #18 Virginia | ESPN | 9:15 PM
Pitt at Northwestern | ESPN2 | 9:15 PM
NC State at Michigan, Postponed
#25/24 Louisville at #13 Wisconsin, Postponed
Noting ACC Men's Basketball
• Six ACC teams are ranked nationally in the latest Associated Press poll: Duke (10), Virginia Tech (15), North Carolina (16), Virginia (18), Florida State (20) and Louisville (25). That is tied with the Big Ten for the most of any conference.
• The 22nd annual ACC/Big Ten Challenge begins Tuesday. For a detailed Challenge history, go to pages 8-9 of this release.
• Georgia Tech senior forward Moses Wright was named the ACC Player of the Week on Monday. Louisville forward Dre Davis earned ACC Freshman of the Week honors.
• Wright scored 21 points and pulled down eight rebounds as Georgia Tech rolled past then-No. 20 Kentucky on Sunday. Davis recorded 21 points on Wednesday in a home victory over Western Kentucky.
• Seven ACC players were named to the Wooden Award Preseason Top 50 Watch List: Scottie Barnes (FSU), Garrison Brooks (UNC), Kihei Clark and Sam Hauser (UVA), Matthew Hurt and Jalen Johnson (Duke) and David Johnson (Louisville).
• Florida State owns the second-longest non-conference home win streak in the nation at 39 games. Butler (59) has the only longer current streak. Virginia Tech has the third-longest streak at 34.• The ACC announced Friday that the Dec. 16 Virginia-Wake Forest game has been postponed following positive tests, subsequent quarantining and contact tracing within the Wake Forest program.• Ten of the current ACC men's basketball head coaches have 300 or more career wins.