NORFOLK, Va. (ODUSports.com) – ODU women's basketball (0-1) looks to bounce back from its season-opening loss as it hosts William & Mary (0-0) at Chartway Arena on Thursday, Dec. 3 at 6:30 p.m. The game will be streamed on CUSA.TV and will air on ESPN Radio 94.1, with Doug Ripley's live pregame show beginning at 6 p.m. ET.
- At George Washington, Amari Young led the Monarchs with her ninth career double-double, notching 10 points and 11 rebounds.
- Maggie Robinson and Mackenzie Smith both made their first appearances back on the floor after suffering season-ending injuries last season. The two combined for roughly 26 minutes of action, while Robinson earned the start.
- Freshman Lanay Wheaton saw 17 minutes of action with four points scored.
- The last time the Tribe visited Chartway Arena (Dec. 8, 2018), ODU won 83-69.
- Against in-state opponents, ODU has an all-time record of 380-105 (.783), which is the best winning percentage against teams in the state of Virginia.
- DeLisha Milton-Jones seeks her first win as head coach of the Monarchs on Thursday evening.
All-Time: ODU leads, 58-7
Last Meeting: W, 69-58 (12/5/19) at W&M
First Meeting: W, 62-22 (1969-70) at ODU
About the Tribe
William & Mary will be playing in their first game of the season when they visit Norfolk. Their 2019-20 leading scorer, Eva Hodgson, who averaged 20.7 ppg has opted out of the 2020-21 season. Defensively, head coach Ed Swanson returns Bailey Eichner who averaged 5.3 rebounds per game last season. In the CAA, the Tribe were selected to finish eighth in the preseason poll.