Weather

Actions

First Warning Forecast: Rain likely, slightly cooler

WX Storm Clouds.png
Posted at 5:15 AM, Aug 12, 2020
and last updated 2020-08-12 19:37:52-04

First Warning Forecast

​Expect more rain and slightly cooler days...

Rain chances are going up for the rest of the week. Expect more rounds of scattered showers and thunderstorms Thursday, Friday and into the start of the weekend. Heavy rain is possible and may lead to some minor flooding issues especially with a thunderstorm over the next few days.

Tonight, mid 70s for overnight underneath mostly cloudy skies and a few showers are possible. Wet conditions may impact your Thursday morning commute. Tomorrow, storms are likely during the afternoon after 2 p.m. with heavy rain and lightning. Severe weather is not expected. However, isolated higher wind gusts may accompany any strong storm until sunset.

Meanwhile, temperatures will stay in the mid/upper 80s for the next seven days with a decent chance for rain each day. Sunday will be the drier of the two days this weekend with a 40 percent chance, Saturday 60 percent.

Tropical Update

Tropical Depression Eleven not yet a tropical storm but is expected to become Tropical Storm #Josephine later tonight as it moves west over the Atlantic.
As of 5 PM ET, TD 11 is centered about 1220 miles ESE of the northern Leeward Islands and moving west at 15 mph. A turn toward the WNW at a similar forward speed is expected tonight, with this motion continuing through the rest of the week. Maximum sustained winds are near 35 mph with higher gusts. Gradual strengthening is forecast during the next 48 hours, and the depression is expected to become a tropical storm tonight.