News

Actions

Teen passes out in Beach woman’s yard after using spice

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 9:05 PM, Apr 02, 2012
and last updated 2012-04-03 15:29:45-04

A Virginia Beach woman says that she found a 17-year-old boy passed out in the grass of her Ego Street home on Sunday afternoon. She says that he was only minutes away from death.

"He was in my front yard, lying down. I asked if he was okay, he didn't respond. I went to him, got him out of the street, figured he needed an ambulance," says the woman who found him.

The woman, who didn't want to be identified, called 911. She was able to get him to regain consciousness before EMS workers showed up.

"I asked him what was wrong. He said he had taken some spice," she says.

"He was throwing up, had throw up all over him. He was fixing to die, very pale, flushed," she says.

Paramedics rushed him to Virginia Beach General to be treated.

Police confirm to NewsChannel 3 that the teen admitted to taking two hits of spice with his friends.

"What got me, he didn't know his parents, didn't know his address," says the woman. "He just, he wanted me to lay him down and let him die," she says.

Residents in the Oceana Neighborhood don't even know how these kids got spice when it's supposed to be illegal in the state of Virginia

But according to Beach police, many forms of synthetic marijuana are still ending up in the hands of teens and young adults.

With a quick Google search, you can find online retailers still willing to ship substances to the state of Virginia, even though it's against the law.

And narcotics investigators tell NewsChannel 3 that people are starting to create their own versions of k-2 or spice in their homes.

"I want the parents to know, I want all the parents in this neighborhood to get involved. That was someone's child. I want them to know that this stuff is available," says the woman.