News

Actions

Chemicals used to prevent mold could be flaring up allergies in Clintwood school

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 7:44 PM, Apr 19, 2012
and last updated 2012-04-19 19:44:35-04

Some parents in Clintwood say their kids are getting sick of going to school, literally.

Six months ago, the school had a mold problem.

Now that the school has fixed it, the chemicals they're using to prevent more mold from growing could be flaring up allergies.

One mom says the school should rethink how it’s handling its air quality.

Parents also say the chemical has a smell that lingers in the air.

The school says they've had four air quality reports since the mold started, all of them showing that the air is safe.