The governor signed a law requiring schools to have EpiPens, Epinephrine Auto-Injectors.
The schools also must have staff trained on how to use the pens.
At the signing today was Amarria Johnson's mother.
She was the Chesterfield girl who died after being exposed to a peanut at school.
Another child gave it to the 7-year-old on the playground.
Amarria's mom said she tried to give the school an EpiPen for emergencies but she was told to keep it at home.
Part of the budget that was passed last week has $200,000 to buy EpiPens.