News

Actions

Dog dies in Norfolk fire

Dog dies in Norfolk fire
Posted at 3:24 PM, Jun 21, 2012
and last updated 2012-06-21 21:43:15-04

According to Norfolk dispatch, a fire erupted in the 900 block of Galt Street on Thursday afternoon. 

Norfolk fire crews say the occupants inside of the home were able to get out with no injuries, but they were not able to save a dog that was found upstairs in the family bedroom. 

Crews say when they arrived, flames were showing on the 2nd floor. 

Norfolk fire crews pulled out and started using exterior hoses to knock down fire that was coming from the attic. 

No cause has been determined.