News

Actions

Two hospitalized in carbon monoxide leak at Hampton restaurant

Promo-Image_960x720.png
Posted at 10:29 AM, Aug 28, 2012
and last updated 2012-08-28 11:54:25-04

According to Hampton emergency officials, Hampton HAZMAT crews have responded to a report of a carbon monoxide leak at Sam Rust Seafood, Inc., located at 620 Regional Drive.
 
The call came in around 9 a.m. Tuesday morning, August 28, 2012. Police say a total of  11 units responded to the scene. 
 
Officials say two people were hospitalized due to nausea, headache, and elevated carbon monoxide levels in the blood. Police say two other people refused hospitalization at the scene.
 
The restaurant building was evacuated, including a total of 60 employees. Police say a large fan is in place to assist with removal of carbon monoxide from the building.
 
NewsChannel 3 is working to find more details, and will post updates as soon as possible.