Fire crews in Norfolk say they put out a small fire in Cogan’s Pizza located in the1900 block of Colonial Avenue.
When units arrived, they say there were employees and customers outside.
The employees told them there was a small fire in the utility room of the restaurant.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue found smoke inside the restaurant and a small fire in the utility room.
The fire was extinguished quickly and the building did sustain some smoke damage and will require some clean-up crews say.
There were no injuries reported.
Crews say they’ve determined that the cause of the fire was attributed to combustibles stored too close to the hot water heater.
The restaurant will be closed until necessary repairs are made and clean-up is finished.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.