Would you like to receive local news notifications on your desktop?
Students evacuated at Sparrow Intermediate School after small fire Thursday morning
Posted: 4:32 PM, Sep 27, 2012
Updated: 2012-09-27 16:32:39-04
Sparrow Intermediate School in Chesapeake was evacuated this morning when a fire broke out.
Fire crews were told by the school’s maintenance team that an exhaust fan had overheated.
The maintenance team was able to get the small fire under control.
Students were able to go back into the building a short time later.
Copyright 2020 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.