Officials say a fire caused 25 people in the Lansdale apartment building in Norfolk to be displaced Monday night in the 2700 block of Azalea Garden Road. Crews say it was caused by an accidental kitchen fire.
When they arrived, they found heavy smoke and flames coming from a second floor unit.
Over 30 firefighters fought back flames.
Crews helped a female occupant to safety.
All residents got out safe.
One person was transported for smoke inhalation.
The apartment is now uninhabitable officials say.