Two bridges in Pasquotank County and six bridges in Perquimans County will be replaced as part of North Carolina Department of Transportation’s $450 million state-funded bridge plan.
The $5.7 million express design-build contract for the 8 bridges in Pasquotank and Perquimans was awarded to McLean Contracting Co. of Glenburnie, Md.
Work can begin as early as April 29, with completion scheduled for no later than October 15, 2016.
The following bridges will be replaced in Pasquotank County:
- Nixonton Road over Symond Creek in Elizabeth City; and
- Dances Bay Road over a canal to the Little River in Elizabeth City.
The following bridges will be replaced in Perquimans County:
- Muddy Creek Road over Muddy Creek in Hertford;
- Foreman Bundy Road over Mill Creek in Hertford;
- Burnt Mill Road over Bethel Creek in Hertford;
- Great Hope Church Road over Goodwin Mill Creek just west of Hertford;
- Shady Croft Road over a tributary to the Perquimans River in Belvidere; and
- Perry’s Bridge Road over the Perquimans River in Belvidere.
Dates for the individual bridge closures will be released once they are determined.