Residents displaced after house fire in Chesapeake

Posted at 2:26 PM, May 08, 2013
and last updated 2013-05-08 14:26:07-04

Residents of home at 309 Snowberry Lane in Chesapeake have been displaced after a fire broke out on Wednesday.

Chesapeake Fire crews arrived on scene at 1:16 p.m. and reported smoke showing in the back of the house.

Upon investigation, the fire was located in the kitchen and appears to have been started as a result of cooking.

The fire damage was limited t the kitchen with smoke damage throughout the house.

The fire was declared extinguished at 1:50 p.m.