News

Actions

Pet rabbit killed in Chesapeake barn fire

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 3:15 PM, Jun 12, 2013
and last updated 2013-06-12 15:15:00-04

Chesapeake, Va. – A pet rabbit was found dead inside a Chesapeake barn after it caught on fire Wednesday morning, officials tell NewsChannel 3.

It happened in the St. Brides section of the city. Crews responded to the 1300 block of Sanderson Road for reports of a barn fire at 8:32 a.m. Crews arrived on scene at 8:47 a.m. The fire was deemed under control at 9:10 a.m.

Horses were found unharmed nearby in a pasture. A pet rabbit was killed during the fire – it was found inside of a cage that was in the barn.

This case is under investigation. No other injuries have been reported.

Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are released.