Norfolk, Va. - A Norfolk city worker accused of sexually abusing young boys was sent back to jail Tuesday morning.
NewsChannel 3's Darragh Copley has the new details on the case against him.
The Norfolk rec center supervisor charged with sexually assaulting three boys for several years is now back behind bars.
A judge overruled a previous decision to grant 54-year-old Jay Burton bond for the safety of children in the community.
Burton got out of jail on Friday after posting bond.
A prosecutor immediately appealed the decision last week - calling Burton a sexual predator.
He told a judge last week the commonwealth will be able to prove Burton would meet boys, ages 11-14, while working at the rec center.
Then he would bring them to his Norfolk home and abuse them over the course of several years.
Burton's defense attorney denied all accusations - pointing out that he should be out on bond because of his ties to his family and community.
But the circuit court judge disagreed after detectives told the judge there will soon be additional charges as more victims come forward.
The judge also cited his reasoning to deny bond because of the serious nature of the offenses dating as far back as 2000 - along with Burton's history of working with children - therefore a danger to the community.
More than 25 of Burton's family and friends packed the courtroom to show their support.
But no one wanted to talk about the case after Burton went straight to jail.
Burton will remain in jail under no bond until his trial.
He faces life in prison if convicted.