Norfolk, Va. - The lights are back on and crews have cleared the scene of a gas leak in a Norfolk neighborhood.
A contractor struck a gas line Tuesday night around 11 p.m. Norfolk fire crews responded to the gas leak on Larchmont Avenue.
They said at least one family was evacuated from their home and power was cut off to at least 12 homes while crews worked to repair the leak.
At one point, Hampton Boulevard, heading downtown, was shut down.
Fire officials say a contractor doing work in the area hit a gas line, causing the leak.
Again, the roads are back open, and the scene is now clear.