News

Actions

Crews put out kitchen fire at Norfolk apartment

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 3:36 PM, Sep 13, 2013
and last updated 2013-09-13 15:36:24-04

Norfolk, Va. – Norfolk firefighters put out a small kitchen fire at an apartment on Friday afternoon.

This happened in the 100 block of 38th Street near 38th and Granby.

Crews say they found smoke coming from the two-story building when they arrived. They say the small kitchen fire was on the first floor.

Units were able to put the fire out quickly.

No injuries were reported.

Officials believe the fire may have started on the stove.

We’ll continue to post updates on this story as they come in to our news desk.