News

Actions

Two displaced after kitchen fire in Virginia Beach

Promo-Image_960x720.png
Posted at 8:03 PM, Oct 29, 2013
and last updated 2013-10-29 23:26:11-04

Virginia Beach, Va. - Two people are without a home after a fire damaged a house in Virginia Beach on Tuesday night.

According to Brian Taylor with the Virginia Beach Fire Department, this happened at 5589 Stonehaven Drive in the Charlestown section of the city.

He says the kitchen fire was caused by cooking.

There was heavy damage to the single-family home.

No one was injured. The resident saw the flames and was able to get out quickly.

Fire crews were able to put the flames out in just minutes.

Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.